Thursday, April 19, 2012

Digital Story

This week we created digital stories using iMovie. Here's my video:




What went well/not well:

Overall, I think the project came together nicely, but it was a lot of work and struggle. IMovie is mac-easy but that means that if anything does go wrong, it can take a while to figure out how to fix it (for those of us who are native to PC). Having high quality pics from my own camera and saved in dropbox made the process easier. Also my basic story was flexible enough to accommodate different pictures if one turned out to be poor quality.

What I would change:
The main thing that I would change is to have taken better photographs in the first place. I am not a professional photographer, but I found that it was easier to use my pics off of the camera than to find high quality, non-copywrited versions on the web.

How I would use it:
This is a rather involved project for high school students, and I would not want to use it with middle schoolers at all. Even in high school, I might restrict this project to upperclassmen. For students who can handle it, this project would display both their technology skills and their ability to present History or Geography in simple, concise stories. I could easily see using this as part of a senior project.

No comments:

Post a Comment