Thursday, April 12, 2012

Google Forms

Today, Kristen and I taught a lesson on Google Forms. I blogged about Google Forms earlier in the semester, so I will just say a few words about the presentation.

What went well/not well?
The presentation went pretty well. All of our fellow students were already familiar with Google Docs, and I perhaps assumed a greater proficiency than I should have. Our original plan was sidetracked a couple of times because of the way that our example forms worked (or didn't work). That being said, I am confident that most of the students know what a Google Form could be used for and how to create one on their own.

How would you change?
If I could redo the presentation, I would probably spend more time showing them how to create a form in a step-by-step manner. I would have the whole class try to create the same form with me as I demonstrated on the Promethean board.

How would you use this with your students?
As we discussed today, this tool is ideal for informal class surveys and formative assessments. I may use it to give a quick quiz or to learn something about my students at the beginning of the year. I might use it to allow the class to vote on some issue or even it for teacher evaluations at the end of the semester (if I am brave enough).   

No comments:

Post a Comment